Thursday, May 19, 2011

Insanity - Day 8: Cardio & Power Resistance

I think I found my most challenging Insanity workout. The combination of cardio moves such as high knees and hit the floor and then power moves such as squat jacks, vertical jumps, belt kicks and V push ups makes the first half of the workout mighty hard.



Typical post workout sweat
My quads and hamstrings are toning up quite a bit. If you play any sports that are heavy on leg work, you will benefit from this workout in particular.

I'm on the road this week, so it's been difficult to have 5 small meals a day. I've had to stick to the typical 3-square meal option (and I can't cook anything since I'm staying at a hotel). So, I've noticed a difference between this week and last week. When I'm eating smaller portions throughout the entire day, I have more energy and feel less drowsy after meals. If you're doing Insanity, stick to the Elite Nutrition book! Or at least try it. It works great in conjunction with the workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment