Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chobani Greek Yogurt

Chobani ruined Yoplait for me. It really did.


I've tried Oikos, Athenos and Chobani Greek yogurts in that order. Oikos was tasty enough. I liked that Athenos has the yogurt separate from the fruit. But after having Chobani, I'm sticking with this pony.
Chobani Greek yogurt
Chobani has a whopping 14 grams of protein and is 140 calories. It does have 20 grams of sugars but the best part about Chobani is that it's not overly sweet. If you have a sweet tooth, I recommend mixing the fruit and yogurt fully before eating. The yogurt itself is considerably less sweet than some other brands. But, as I'm older now, that is what I like about it. It tastes more natural and is incredibly creamy and satisfying.

By comparison, Yoplait light yogurt only has 5 grams of proteins, it does have fewer calories at 100 and 14 grams of sugars. But compared to Chobani, it just tastes artificial and isn't as yummy.

Pomegranate, blueberry and pineapple are my favorite Chobani flavors. I have yet to try some others like vanilla, lemon or honey... but I'm sure they're all great. Give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment