Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Insanity - Day 12: Cardio Recovery

Technically, Cardio Recovery should have been Day 11. However, my schedule worked better with Recovery on this day. So, let's run with it.

Believe it or not, Cardio Recovery is curiously difficult. There are still some moves I can't hold. Why is that? Sometimes cardio workouts can be easy to "fake" or get through by flailing around rather than truly engaging your core. With Cardio Recovery, though, you are having to get into deep positions and go through slow, methodical movements. Like yoga, it can be a bit challenging in the beginning. Of course, that's where the value comes in.

The happiest part of Cardio Recovery for me is being able to develop my Warrior 3 pose. For as long as I did Yoga X, I always had an extremely difficult time holding still. It may be that I was tired from the previous 40 minutes of yoga... or maybe because my core wasn't strong enough. Now, though, I'm getting the hang of it!

Moderate heart rate levels since it is a recovery day. My muscles are definitely enjoying the stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment