Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5k for Earth Day Run/Walk

April 23, 2011 - This was my first official 5k of the year! The course took us around Humboldt Park starting at the boat house. The weather was a bit chilly and windy but not too bad overall.

Time: 25:46
Overall Place: 79/459
Female Place: 13/282

Heart Rate Monitor Data!

I was happy with my time since my goal was to get below 26 minutes. There weren't a ton of runners on this course, so it was a perfect time to get rid of my running jitters.

After the race was the Green Living Expo. My sister had her Beachbody booth set up with samples of Shakeology and Recovery Drink. She also brought along numerous DVD workout programs and other products such as vitamins, supplements and snack bars. It was great being there with her to share information with others interested in learning different ways to become and stay fit and active. Thanks to everyone who came out.

It was also nice to walk around and sample different food and drinks from other vendors. I am pretty sure I will be hunting down those select stores that have hummus made by Salsas Vallarta. The kalamata hummus and the feta & spinach hummus were delicious! Same goes for the mangosteen flavor of Honest Tea. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment