Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mizuno Running Shoes


Neutral shoe ideal for medium to high arches. Lightweight, breatheable, cushioned and extremely supportive. Elastic bands on the side of the tongue keep it in place and create an almost spooning or cradling effect around your foot. Its upturned toe helps to propel you with every stride.


Mizuno Wave Creation 12
This is hands-down the best shoe I've ever worn. On my quest to find the right running shoe, I tried on every brand at every store I could find. Finally, I stumbled upon Finish Line and saw these. They were the most expensive ones on the wall. I figured they might be a little better than the rest but instead I was blown away. After slipping them on, I asked the sales associate if I could run around the store for a few minutes. He said go for it. I had forgotten I was wearing a gray cotton shirt. Within 5 minutes, I had pit stains and a smile on my face. They were really nice about the sweat.

Combined with really great colors (thank you for not being pink), I fell in love immediately.

In fact, I had been struggling to get an 8 minute mile for the past few months. On my very first go with these on, I made a 7:15 minute mile. A week later, I ran again and averaged 7:30 min/mi. These are my shoes. All I have to work on now is proper training!

No comments:

Post a Comment