Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nathan Shadow Pak

This waist pack has a mesh, gusseted pocket that expands to hold even large smartphones (I have an HTC HD2) and still have plenty of room keys, money, and other essentials. The sides have reflective silver tabs and on one side is an I.D. card which is meant to hold vital information in the event of an emergency. The strap is adjustable on both ends of the middle clasp. There are two notches that slip over any excess strap if you have to adjust it for a smaller waist.

Nathan Shadow Pak
With all of the running I've been doing, I was considering getting an iPod Shuffle instead of using my phone as an mp3 player. But even though the Shuffle would have been a no-brainer, that still did not solve the problem of running without my phone. I switched gears and decided that I needed to find a way to make running with my phone more convenient. Reviews about the Shadow Pak raved about how you can't feel it when you're running and that it barely moves. This is exactly what I wanted because I did not want to wear my phone on my arm. It's the size of a brick.

I have gone running with it twice. The first time, I must say that I ended up wearing it high on my waist under my shirt. It shifted around a bit more than I expected. The second time, I wore it very low on my hips over my shorts. Along with pulling the straps tighter, this placement worked better. I think it just didn't help that the material of my shorts was smooth. All in all, I'm happy with this pack because it allows me to bring all my important things with me. I hope to find the perfect way to wear it so that it doesn't ride up to my waist. I'd give it a B+ until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment