Friday, May 13, 2011

Insanity - Day 4: Cardio Recovery

The name Cardio Recovery didn't really ease my apprehension about pressing play for a 4th day in a row, but I did it anyway. While this workout was low (or lower) impact, it was still challenging.


Is he recovering or getting ready to keel over?
I liked that it incorporated yoga stretches and still worked various muscle groups. Although my heart rate was not through the roof, I was dripping in sweat by the end.

Honestly, there were some poses I couldn't hold. It reminded me of the first week of P90X when I could barely get through all of the vinyasas and balance postures in Yoga X. But I know time and consistency are all I need to be as successful with Insanity as I have been with P90X.

While still a good workout, the recovery was definitely well received. I had been feeling sore since Day 1. Must be doing something right! Here's my heart rate data.

No comments:

Post a Comment