Friday, May 13, 2011

Insanity - Day 5: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs

Did Shaun T really put "pure" in front of cardio? And did he really have to mention how scared he was of this workout? Haha!

Today was a really good day for me. I've been noticing that my appetite is increasing as I'm going through the program. I'm following the nutrition guide as closely as possible and keeping in line with lean meats, veggies and nutritious snacks. I started drinking a full serving (rather than half) of Shakeology and that has made a huge difference in my energy levels throughout the day. So, now that I have fueled my body, I am ready for these workouts.

Pure Cardio reminds me a bit of Plyometrics in P90X. It's intense and gets the heart pumping. It's also very difficult to master in the beginning. I took lots of breaks, which is fine, and struggled with a few moves such as Switch Kicks. I decided to modify them by doing ball kicks instead of jumping from leg to leg. I think by doing it this way, I will work my way of to proper switch kicks.

Cardio Abs are sort of like the Ab Ripper X of Insanity. Amazingly, I was able to get through most of the moves without pausing. I say "amazingly" because I haven't kept up with ab workouts in a while. I liked the different moves Shaun T incorporates into the C-sit. One of the slight shortcomings, in my opinion, of Ab Ripper X is that the obliques are not focused on very much. Cardio Abs definitely works them out.

During my stretches after Pure Cardio and even Cardio Abs, I felt my body sinking more and more into that groove. My soreness was not there and even my left hip flexor (which has been extremely tight) is beginning to loosen up and feel a lot better. I think the intimidation factor is decreasing and my motivation is getting stronger. I hope your's is, too!

Pure Cardio is giving Plyo a run for it's money! Data here.

No comments:

Post a Comment