Monday, May 9, 2011

Insanity - Fit Test #1

Insanity has you do a Fit Test every 2 weeks throughout the 60-day program so that you can track your progress. I decided to follow both the exercise and nutrition guides as closely as I can. Here are the results of my first Fit Test...

Insanity Fit Test #1 reminded me of when I started P90X and couldn't do jack! Back to square one. These moves are definitely advanced and will take some getting used to.

I wore my heart rate monitor and found that my bpm were not as high as when I go running or do plyometrics. This is because I was on the floor half the time. Here's the heart rate data.



Switch Kicks were horrendous for me! I had to step in between each kick rather than "switch" from kick to stand to kick to stand.

Power Jacks were a bit more familiar for me but started to burn after about 10 of them.

Power Knees work the obliques as you're supposed to do them at super high speed.

Power Jumps were similar to Jump Knee Tuck in Plyometrics. These are really tough.



Globe Jumps are definitely an area for improvement. I'm looking forward to increasing that number next time around.

Suicide Jumps are aptly named. These work your core as much as they work your legs.

Push-up Jacks. Seriously? As if regular push ups aren't hard enough.

Low Plank Oblique is nitty gritty. This is another move I plan on crushing next round. It definitely killed my sides.

I'm glad I didn't skip the Fit Test. It's important to gauge yourself, especially through a strenuous program like Insanity. It definitely gave me an idea of how hard I have to push and what my limitations are. It also reminded me to keep a towel nearby because these exercise sessions are perspiration city!

No comments:

Post a Comment